The Most Powerful Weapon
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., believed only nonviolence, had the power to break the cycle of retributive violence and create lasting peace through reconciliation. At the Issues4Life Foundation we too believe that organized nonviolent resistance is the most powerful weapon that oppressed people can use to break loose from the bondage of oppression. As such, we believe the most effective way to implement Dr. King's nonviolent philosophy is by way of example. Going further to clarify our position, we believe example is not the simply the main thing in influencing others. No, in our opinion, when it comes to influencing people, example is the only thing. In accordance with this belief and leading by example, our President and Founder, Walter B. Hoye II serves on the board of the Morning Center. The Morning Center is an organization founded to provide free full-service maternity care to women in urban and under-served areas where quality care is limited and scarce. Top
We Care. We Believe. We Are Committed To Life.
• We care about the well being of pregnant women and the child in the womb.
• We believe the child in the womb is a human being, created in the image of God, from the time of fertilization.
• We believe the elective disruption|abortion of human life at any time from fertilization onward constitutes the willful destruction of an innocent human being.
• We are committed to informing, educating and activating Black American leaders, abortion-vulnerable patients, and the general public regarding both the moral and scientific truth surrounding abortion on demand.
• We are deeply concerned about the profound, adverse effects that abortion on demand imposes, not just on the women but also on the entire involved family, and on our society at large.
Therefore, WE PLEDGE to use our time, talent and treasure to promote respect for life in all stages of development; and, thus, to enhance the well-being of our entire society.
Please note all of our events strongly adhere to and enforce the "Nonviolent" philosophy embraced by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Therefore, if you cannot remain nonviolent, please do not attend our events. Top